If you know me, you know that I LIVE for calendars and to-do lists! Organization is just my thing. I have always gotten a rush from crossing things off a list, and have always had a need to plot out and know what’s coming next. You can say I’m a bit of a planner. It drives my husband (and probably everyone around me) a little crazy, but it keeps me sane and happy.
So, when the good folks at Creative Teaching Press approached me to review Easy Daysies — an award-winning magnetic schedule for kids–I was quick to say “yes, please!” And guess what? I love it! Below is my review. Read it, and scroll for your chance to WIN your very own Easy Daysies Starter Kit and Add-On Pack!
The Easy Daysies Starter Kit ($19.99) contains a colorful, 8″ x 16″ double-sided magnetic board that is lightweight and folds nice and compactly, and comes with 18 at-home activity magnets, 1 magnet storage bag, and 1 dry-erase marker. Even though Bubba is only a little over a year-old, I plan to hang this cute magnetic schedule in the house, and use it to introduce the sequence of his daily activities. At its very basic level, it’s a product you can start using with your toddler to teach about the importance of routines, and build upon as he gets older.
How To Use The Easy Daysies Magnetic Daily Schedule:
1. Personalize the board by adding your child’s name with the included dry-erase marker
2. Put magnets in a simple list or use the “TO DO” and “DONE” columns for a reward system
3. Hang this daily routine in a favorite spot, so you and your little munchkin can go over it together
In addition to the Starter Kit, the folks at CTP provided me with 3 Easy Daysies Add-On Packs to review. The Add-On Packs ($14.99 each) contain additional activity magnets that cover the following:
These additional magnets are great for busy families. I plan to use these when Bubs and his future siblings are a bit older!
What to know about the Easy Daysies product:
- This is a mom/teacher-created product that helps kids become more cooperative, responsible, and independent
- This product is wonderful for helping kids of any age, in particular special needs children, with event transition
- This product teaches an essential LIFE SKILL: There are things to be done in a day and getting them done is the reward!
- 2012 Educational Toy of the Year
CTP suggests you use the Easy Daysies magnets for a single event, like bed time or an after-school routine, or use them to plan the whole day (sounds good to me!)
Now for the GIVEAWAY…
One lucky Minute For Mom reader will WIN an Easy Daysies Starter Kit (a $19.99 value!) PLUS an Add-On Pack of their choosing (a $14.99 value!), just by entering the Rafflecopter opportunity drawing below. Deadline to enter this giveaway, is Saturday, November 9, 2013, 11:59 p.m. (PST). Winner will be notified and announced no later than Monday, November 11th.