This is just something I threw together on a random weekday, and it seriously ROCKS! Bubba ate it up, and the hubby and I practically licked our plates clean! All you really need is a slow cooker, pasta, marinara, chicken breasts, and any type of fresh or frozen veggies. You also need 7-8 hours (if you plan to cook LOW) or 4 hours (if you plan to cook on HIGH). This is such an easy dish, that produces the most tender, juicy, flavorful chicken, that practically falls apart and flows into the sauce! Mmm…I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
1 jar marinara sauce
3-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (fresh or thawed)
1/2 cup butternut squash (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup chopped carrots (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup zucchini (fresh or frozen)
1 tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
Cooked spaghetti (I used 1/2 the packet’s contents)
Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
Let’s Do This!
1. In a skillet, use olive oil to brown chicken breasts on all sides. Once browned, remove breasts, and place them into the slow cooker.
2. Pour jar of marinara sauce onto the chicken breasts, and sprinkle sauce with all vegetables, oregano and basil.
3. Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, or cook on HIGH for 4 hours (make sure chicken is no longer pink inside before serving!)
4. 30 minutes prior to the chicken and sauce being done, cook pasta according to package, strain, and set aside.
5. Once the food is ready to be served, place pasta on each plate, and top it off with spoonfuls of the chicken/veggie sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan.