This recipe is addicting! Not just because is DELICIOUS, but because it’s easy, can be eaten over several meals, and my toddler will eat it. What more can you ask for? Cilantro lime chicken soft tacos are my “go-to” meal when I host play dates at my house, because there’s no fuss setting it up in the slow cooker, and I even have time to slice and grate the taco toppings before guests arrive. Plus, I make enough to serve this for dinner that same day — yes, I eat it twice in one day because it’s that good! Feeling extra ambitious? Serve this dish with homemade salsa!
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 limes squeezed into juice
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp Kosher salt
1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
Let’s Do This!
1. Place chicken in slow cooker
2. Pour spices, water, cilantro, and lime juice on top of chicken
3. Cover slow cooker, and set on HIGH for 3.5-4 hours, or LOW for 6-8 hours
4. Shred cooked chicken with two forks, and return to juices in slow cooker
5. Serve in soft corn or flour tortillas with yummy toppings!